In the spring and fall is a great time to have your windows open to let in the fresh air. However, you need screens in your windows to keep out the bugs and other unwanted things.
There are many types of windows which leads to many types of window screens. Window screens are not complicated but there is a lot of information because there are so many types and designs of windows that it seems complicated.
If all you need is to rescreen your old window screen then you can take your old window screen to a place that will rescreen it for you. Many Ace Hardware stores will do this, some Home Depot and Lowes stores will do it for you and perhaps other places in your area. Some handymen can do this. In a large condo or HOA that have a repair department may do it for you. We suggest that you have one screen done at first to make sure it will fit and it is what you want (if you are having a screen made from your measurements).
There are things to consider when you order a new window screen.
- How many screens do you need to have made.
- Do you have an existing screen – to use as a guide to measure for the new screen
- Is you window screen installed from the outside or the inside.
- Is the window frame made of aluminum, vinyl, wood, fiberglass, steel or other material.
- The manufacture name, if you can find that out. (there are more than 100) (each manufacture has many designs) (over 400,000 since 1912)
- How old is the window frame. Manufactures change their designs often.
Other video links: https://youtu.be/-i50C-GmSRs , https://youtu.be/4Kj-Sgf5Mx8
Screen repair in Wellington Florida area
John’s Screen Repair Service